3DFuel-Advanced PLA 1kg 3mm-Afterburner Green
Better Than PLA and ABS
Mechanically and Thermally
Higher Heat Resistance than ABS
Extremely Easy to 3D Print
Designed Specifically for 3D Printing
3D-Fuel Advanced PLA filament is being produced from high heat grade PLA, developed specifically for the manufacturing of 3D printer filament.
High heat grade resin exhibits improved heat resistance and has faster crystalization rates.
When using 3D-Fuel filament made from this resin you can expect:
- Low odor
- Higher print detail/resolution
- Excellent first layer adhesion
- Improved adhesion between layers
- Reduced warping, curling, and failed prints
It is essential to ensure filaments are dry prior to printing. Our filament will run best at an extrusion temperature of 190-230C. It is recommended to use high water content hair spray (as opposed to high ethyl alcohol content) or painter’s tape on the build plate to ensure the first layer of the print sticks to the plate. PEI (with a heated bed), BuildTak, and direct printing on acrylic can also produce good results.
For more stability and a higher quality print:
- Reduce the speed of the extruder to 30-60mm/second
- Increase infill to 30%
- Reduce layer height to 0.10mm
- For prints with curvatures, it is recommended to turn on rafts and supports in your settings.
- Print in an area with good airflow and/or and active cooling fan that directs airflow directly on the print.
- Clean the base plate after each day of printing.
- Clean the nozzle after every use for best performance.
Annealing (Heat Treating) Info
To get the maximum strength out of your 3D printed part, we recommend a post- annealing procedure that could be done in your oven at a range of 176-266F (80- 130C) to promote increased crystallization and further improve the heat deflection temperature.
For best results:
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven.
- Place print on room temperature baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet into oven/toaster oven.
- Wait 30-60 minutes for annealing to complete
- You may see the print take on a milky/matte/opaque color transformation.
- Turn the oven off.
- Wait for oven to cool before removing print.
Shrinkage and/or warping may occur. The degree of shrinkage/warping depends heavily on the part geometry.